Sponsored by EvolvingMusic/MixMatchMusic, Ltd. (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Entry deadline is 12/25/08.
1. Eligibility: The Chicbuds Holiday Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Arizona) age 13 or older, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest period. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate. Employees of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and such employees’ immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”).
2. To Enter:
Go to the “ChicBuds Holiday Giveaway” page on EvolvingMusic, located at https://evolvingmusic.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/chicbuds-holiday-giveaway/ between December 19, 2008 at 10am (PST), and December 25, 2008 at 12am (PST). Post a comment to the “ChicBuds Holiday Giveaway” blog post that includes a link to what you consider to be the funniest music video on the web. For clarification, the entry must be a link to a video that features music. Fill out the comment form in its entirety, including your email address and a link to your video, and click on the button to submit the form.
No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
There is no limit on the number of entries per entrant during the entry period. You will receive one entry per remix submitted, and you may submit as many entries as you wish.
3. Judging and Selection of Winner: All Contest entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be judged by the Evolving Music bloggers according to the following criteria: Humor (85%); Originality (15%).
The decisions of the judges will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winner, the judges will choose the tied submission that is most representative of humor.
An entry may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties. An entry may not be offensive or defamatory, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Contest are as follows:
(a) 2 Grand Prizes: 6 pairs of ChicBuds Swarovski Crystal Retractable Earbuds retail value of approximately $330 (US) per winner.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: $660 (U.S.).
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within seven (7) business days after the entry deadline, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within five (5) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Sponsor. The Contest is provided and all prizes are granted without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Contest you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, harmless from and against, any and all liability with respect to your participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO AN ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by accepting any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
8. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.
9. Sponsor’s Address: 1325 Howard Ave., #923, Burlingame, CA 94010